Scenarios USA, a national non-profit organization that uses writing and filmmaking to foster youth leadership, advocacy, and self-expression in students from vulnerable communities, is seeking an Office Manager. The Office Manager will be responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency for a dynamic organization currently employing 7 full-time and 3 part-time staff. This is an excellent position for an energetic person to join a growing nonprofit. Founded in 1999, Scenarios USA has grown dramatically in its first decade having worked with tens of thousands of students. The Scenarios USA programs have proven to increase students’ connection to school, community and citizenship, and the Ford Foundation, a key funder, proudly cites it as a national model.
This position will begin as a permanent part-time position and may expand to a full-time position in the future.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting in developing/managing office system procedure and protocol, including those outlined in the handbook, hiring protocol/orientation guides and new employee training
• Providing administrative support as well as basic technical support (MS Office troubleshooting and point of contact for Admin@ScenariosUSA.org email address) for the office
• Answering phones, managing incoming/outgoing mail, maintaining office Calendar, and other administrative duties (including note-taking, filing, copying, faxing, scanning, updating staff and board contact lists, helping to keep the office clean)
• Maintaining office supply inventory and taking the lead on care and maintenance of office equipment and furnishings
• Coordinating staff travel including airfare and accommodation
• Assisting in managing accounts payable/receivable and managing office vendor relationships
• Managing administration and operations costs to operate within approved budget
• Managing and supervising other administrative/support staff and interns, as requested
Reports to: Finance & Operations
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Start Date: August 8, 2011
• Outstanding time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, organizational, oral communication, and written communication skills
• Computer proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), experience with QuickBooks a preferred
• Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources and record information accurately
and in the appropriate style for publication in different venues
• Ability to work in a hands-on environment
• Committed to the mission and programs of Scenarios USA
• College degree or relevant experience
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
3 days/week (three 8 hour days, including an hour for lunch); the salary and benefits for this position are competitive for similarly sized nonprofits; health insurance is provided only to full-time positions.
Please submit a resume, contact information three references and a cover letter describing your interest in the position by July 15, 2011. We prefer applications by email. Please do not call to
check on the process. We will call you to set up interviews. Please send to: David@scenariosusa.org with the subject line: Office Manager Search.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply by July 15th, but resumes may be considered until an appointment is made. Before applying, please review www.scenariosusa.org for detailed program information.
Scenarios USA seeks to hire staff who reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. Equal Opportunity Employer: This position will be filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Scenarios USA:
Scenarios USA believes that by valuing youth and investing in their stories, we can strengthen academic achievement, promote civic engagement, and support young people in becoming responsible and healthy individuals. Every aspect of the Scenarios USA program – from the classroom discussion and reflection to the script-writing contest, to the film production, to the public speaking engagements – is a two-way street that gives young people the power to work as full partners with teachers, professional filmmakers, and community and youth advocates. This formula has been proven effective in our program evaluation, and we are proud that The Ford Foundation, our top funder, continues to cite Scenarios USA as a model in the fields of education, youth development and adolescent health. For more information: http://www.scenariosusa.org