Event Planning and Development Intern
The Event Planning and Development Intern will work under the supervision of and in close partnership with the Director of Development and the Database Manager. The Event Planning and Development Intern will assist in achieving major development department goals: assist in the management of 2011 REAL DEAL Awards and Gala logistics and work with the Database Manager to develop the resources in Convio Common Ground including input and tracking for the event and foundations/corporations cultivation as well as other database tasks.
The Event Planning and Development Intern is a leading contributor to Scenarios USA program development and Scenarios USA seeks a passionate and persuasive representative of the organization and its mission. Scenarios USA is a small but very accomplished organization. This position will provide a great deal of experience in event planning and development to a responsible and ambitious candidate.
Event Planning (75%)
· Assist with production of event journal
· Prepare correspondence: edits, proofreads, and formats reports, documents, etc.
· Research topics as needed for gala
· Assist in the planning and execution of logistics surrounding our annual gala
· Create, organize and maintain program and event files as needed
· Field telephone calls and emails about gala as needed
· Ensure that internal follow-up is completed; assist with follow-up to donors and volunteers
· Enter information into and help manage database
General Development/Database Maintenance (25%)
- Assist in the tracking and entering of event donor information
- Keep track of event donations
- Make copies, collate, and distribute materials
- Organize information in electronic and hard copy files
Reports to: Director of Development
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 3 days per week – hours flexible
Compensation: lunch and transportation reimbursed
· Bachelor’s degree
· Superior organizational skills, attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; ability to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders.
· Fluent English
· Experience in a professional environment
· Experience in supporting program, conference, and/or event planning preferred
· Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, internet research, email, and file management (prefer Microsoft Office Suite); experience with Constant Contact and/or fundraising software preferred
· Commitment to the mission of Scenarios USA
Send cover letter and resume by December 18th, no calls please.
By email: email@example.com
Subject line: Event Planning and Development Intern
By mail: Event Planning and Development Intern Search
80 Hanson Place, Suite 305
Brooklyn, New York 11217
Scenarios USA seeks to hire staff who reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Equal Opportunity Employer: This position will be filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Scenarios USA:
Scenarios USA believes that by valuing youth and investing in their stories, we can strengthen academic achievement, promote civic engagement, and support young people in becoming responsible and healthy individuals. Every aspect of the Scenarios USA program – from the classroom discussion and reflection to the script-writing contest, to the film production, to the public speaking engagements – is a two-way street that gives young people the power to work as full partners with teachers, professional filmmakers, and community and youth advocates. This formula has been proven effective in our program evaluation, and we are proud that The Ford Foundation, our top funder, continues to cite Scenarios USA as a model in the fields of education, youth development and adolescent health. For more information: http://www.scenariosusa.org