Roommate needed! 1 bedroom is available in my 2-bedroom apartment. We have a VERY sizeable living room, bathroom, and a nice little kitchen with a brand-spankin’-new oven that was just installed a few months ago. It’s quiet, with nice, big windows, hardwood floors, and tremendous natural light.
If you’re interested, please call me at 716.725.3081 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can get to know you better.
Beginning when? August 2013
How much? $800 per person, per month. This includes Heat and Hot Water, but not electric or cable. I’d say that, including those two, budget about $900 a month.
Where? Astoria, Queens. It’s <1 mile to the N, Q, R, M and (by quick transfer), F, E, and 7 lines. It’s about a 30-45 minute subway ride into the city.
Who am I, and Who am I looking for? As your future roommate, I’m a 2nd-year Draper student (female) in the dual-degree program (I’m also getting my MLS through LIU). Because I have a really heavy work load, I need a roommate who is able to pay rent/utilities on time, is (reasonably) tidy, and is respectfully quiet. You’re welcome to contact me whether you’re male or female. I believe that home should be a safe, restful, healthy environment: if you agree, and if the price is right for you, let’s make this happen!
What’s so cool about Astoria? More like, what isn’t cool about Astoria?
– It’s far enough outside of Manhattan that it’s not super loud or overridden by undergrads. (Admit it: they’re loud). I live right by little Egypt, but there’s a huge Greek community here, too. The neighbourhood is a great cross-section of young professionals, artists, students, and families. It’s a great place to live, and it’s quite safe, too.
– The pizza place down the block is the nicest place in the world. I spend a considerable amount of time there during midterms.
– 30th Avenue, right by my (our?) apartment has a great selection of bars, cafes, bakeries, etc.
– Astoria park isn’t too far away either. We even have a kickball team that plays every other Sunday. Trust me, you don’t have to be good, but the people who come are really a fantastic bunch.
– We’ve got pretty much anything you need: clothing & apparel, grocery stores, ORGANIC grocery stores, shopping, hookah lounges, transport, decent community. Heck, we’ve even got the Museum of the Moving Image. It’s a great place to be.
Caitlin MacKenzie Mannion
MSLIS Candidate, 2013
Long Island University, Manhattan Campus
MA Candidate (Interdisciplinary Studies), 2014
New York University