Ph.D. Application Workshop
Friday, November 22
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Draper Map Room
Led by Professors Emma Heaney and Mario Caro
This workshop is a mini-orientation session geared towards students who are either considering a Ph.D. or those who are already in the early stages of the application process. It is also relevant to students who are interested in general information regarding doctoral degrees and those who need some guidance as to what they should be prepared for in terms of the application process. Some general issues that will be tackled are:
- How do I know if a PhD is right for me?
- Setting realistic expectations of the PhD process and future career trajectories.
- Choosing a department as well as a university that is a good fit for me.
- What to expect in terms of the contents and deadlines for a PhD application.
- Using Draper as a resource for making decisions about a PhD and a career in academia.
We encourage all Draper students who are interested in future doctoral studies and have questions regarding the same to attend. This workshop will be offered again in the spring, followed by a Ph.D. Application Boot-Camp. Attendance at one of the Workshops (fall or spring) is required before attending the Boot-Camp.
RSVP’s are appreciated–call 212.998.8070 or email email@example.com to let us know if you’ll be attending.