The Action Summit, an extension of the 2014 Global Citizen Festival held in Central Park, is an interactive symposium focused on the challenges to ending extreme poverty by 2030. Through a music and arts lens, The Summit will zero in on core policy issues – Access to Water & Sanitation, Vaccines, Global Education & Youth – and will feature true global representation at the highest level from country governments, celebrities, the private sector, and social entrepreneurs. Summit attendees will gather in participatory sessions alongside invited speakers to address core challenges around these issues.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Hugh Evans, Co-Founder and CEO, Global Poverty Project
- Jan Eliasson, United Nations Deputy Secretary General
- Nick Kristof, New York Times
- Tamzin Merchant, Actress, Salem, Pride & Prejudice, The Tudors
- Kweku Mandela, Filmmaker and grandson of Nelson Mandela
- Nicole Bates, Deputy Director, Global Policy and Advocacy, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Jaehyang So, Director, Trust Funds and Partnerships, The World Bank
- Jacob Lief, CEO and Founder, Ubuntu Fund for Education
- Raya, Sesame Street
- Laura Osnes Johnson, Broadway Actress
And many more!
The Summit also has a complementary event taking place in Washington Square Park where organizations like Kiva, Heifer International and WaterAid will have interactive installations about their work.
Summit attendees will also have multiple chances to win tickets to the music festival taking place the next day, on Saturday, September 27th!!