GRE • SAT
Test Preparation Instructor Positions
Sherwood Test Prep is seeking test preparation instructors for their GRE and SAT classes. These are part-time positions with classes once per week on Sundays. They seek intelligent, charismatic instructors who have both top test scores and excellent teaching skills. Sherwood Test Prep has a social mission to provide top caliber test preparation courses at a value price. Team Sherwood is committed to the social responsibility of accessible test preparation courses:Everyone deserves to put their best score out there.
Salary: $40/hour for GRE classroom instruction; $30/hour for SAT classroom instruction.
• Education: Current graduate or professional student (Ph.D. (or equivalent), Master’s, J.D.); or Completed Ph.D. (or equivalent), J.D., or Master’s degree.
• Test Scores: Top-tier test scores on one of the following: GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or SAT.
• Teaching Experience: Have taught at least one semester/quarter lecture, lab, or discussion, etc. class. Prior university teaching experience is required.
• Quantitative and Verbal Skills: Must have BOTH excellent math and verbal/writing skills. Sherwood Test Prep Instructors teach the entire course.
• Consistent Sunday Commitment: They seek team players who are flexible and can teach on consecutive Sundays throughout the entire year. They only take off four weekends per year (those corresponding to): Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s. Instructors can teach from 3 to 6 hours per weekend.
If interested, please send your (1) Cover Letter, (2) Resume/Vita, and (3) Test Scores to: employment[at]sherwoodtest.com
Interviews and hiring are to commence immediately.
Teaching test preparation is a fun and rewarding experience. As an instructor you will have the opportunity to help bright, high-achieving students achieve their goals and dreams of entering their first choice Universities and programs. Sherwood Test Prep hires good people who are intelligent, compassionate, honorable, and dependable. All test prep instructors are respectfully treated as faculty members and are afforded autonomy and latitude in the courses they teach.
At Sherwood Test Prep, our work is to help others.