JOB: Options for College is looking for graduate students who are interested in part-time tutoring opportunities. Start date is early/mid January, and pay is very competitive. Get more details on NYU CareerNet (Job ID#: 956688). Interested candidates should apply here: bit.ly/tutorhiring.
Please note the positions described below are open immediately. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.
Make a career of tutoring – Manhattan-based firm needs smart, organized, motivated SAT/ACT, academic subject, and AP experts for high-paying, high-volume tutoring work.
– If you’re thinking about tutoring as a career, this is the place for you. We’re committed to growing our people and rewarding them for great work. You’ll be trained by one of the world’s best tutors and work alongside the world’s best college counselors in a flexible, friendly environment.
– Tutors will work directly with high school students one-on-one, and must be able to work remotely via Skype and/or travel to various New York City locations. While the majority of our clients are based in New York, we work with families from all around the world.
Tutors will report to Tutoring Manager and work mainly evening and weekend hours in order to be available to high school students. Tutors earn a professional hourly rate and may be eligible for performance-based bonuses.
ACT/SAT tutors: Expertise in all sections is required, and demonstrable success in teaching the subject matter (score improvements with previous students) is essential. Candidates will be tested on their ability to take and teach all sections of these exams.
Academic subject(s) tutors: Demonstrable expertise (e.g. high school or college transcripts or test results) is required, and demonstrable success in teaching the subject matter (grade/score improvements with previous students) is essential. Candidates will be tested on their ability to take and teach APs and Subject Tests in their respective areas.
Applicants must have a 4-year college degree. Applicants from top-tier colleges and those with experience in teaching or tutoring high school students are encouraged to apply. The position is perfect for teachers or graduate students who want steady work to support their other passions. Applicants must be highly organized, flexible, and independent.
DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES VIA EMAIL. Please visit bit.ly/tutorhiring to apply today!
The Books Aloud and WOW literacy research grants are hiring hourly employees for September and October 2014 to facilitate assessments to children in several public and community early childhood settings through New York City.
The projects are designed to provide information resources and print materials to low-income children. The assessments that will be facilitated by these hourly employees are a crucial dynamic of this research project.
Candidates for these temporary positions will preferably have teaching experience (preferably in early childhood), experience with assessment facilitation, and be exceptional at working with teachers and children alike. Graduate students or former teachers are encouraged to apply.
The position is for a maximum of 20-hours per week ($20 per hour) during September and October 2014. For those who are interested, please contact Jess White (jesscwhite01[at]gmail.com) and Tzlil Hertzberg (Tzlil34[at]gmail.com), and provide a curriculum vitae and letter of interest.
Test Preparation Instructor Positions
Sherwood Test Prep is seeking test preparation instructors for GRE and SAT classes. These are part-time positions with classes once per week on Sundays. We seek intelligent, charismatic instructors who have both top test scores and excellent teaching skills. Our company has a social mission to provide top caliber test preparation courses at a value price. Team Sherwood is committed to the social responsibility of accessible test preparation courses: Everyone deserves to put their best score out there.
Salary: $40/hour for GRE classroom instruction; $30/hour for SAT classroom instruction.
• Education: Current graduate or professional student (Ph.D. (or equivalent), Master’s, J.D.); or Completed Ph.D. (or equivalent), J.D., or Master’s degree.
• Test Scores: Top-tier test scores on one of the following: GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or SAT.
• Teaching Experience: Have taught at least one university semester/quarter class. Prior university teaching experience is required.
• Quantitative and Verbal Skills: Must have BOTH excellent math and verbal/writing skills. Sherwood Test Prep Instructors teach the entire course.
• Consistent Sunday Commitment: We seek team players who are flexible and can teach on consecutive Sundays throughout the entire year. We only take off four weekends per year (those corresponding to): Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s. Instructors can teach from 3 to 6 hours per weekend.
If interested, please send your (1) Cover Letter, (2) Resume/Vita, and (3) Test Scores to: email@example.com Interviews and hiring are to commence immediately.
For more information visit http://www.sherwoodtest.com/